Before we wake up and the number on the calendar is 1**
I wanted to look at some (rounded) numbers that describe my month. This is the closest I'll get to math without breaking out a spreadsheet:
- Travel distance, air: 11,150 miles
- Travel distance, rail and wheels: 720 miles
- Travel distance, walking: 149 miles
- Countries stayed at least one night in: 8 (Thailand, Egypt, Ethiopia, UAE, Greece, Poland, Hungary, Czechia?)
- Calories consumed: too many
- Stories published: 1 (Voluntouring)
- Words written: did you see all the miles I walked?
- Pictures taken: 1500+. Some were better than this:
And putting aside the numbers, even in a once in a lifetime journey this month has stood out: I've seen The Pyramids at Giza, Lucy, the Acropolis, Auschwitz, and so much old Europe. I left my second home and got closer to my first. I got food shoved in my mouth and found the meaning of life.
What will next month bring? We'll start to see when next we wake up.
**Hat tip to my b-school buddy Naequan, who references Bone on the facebook every new month. This is also where I post the pic of my autograph from Wish Bone, whom I met on a plane to Brazil in 2015.